Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
Co-Sponsored by the National Apartment Association Education Institute
More and more apartment management companies, owners and investors are asking for NAA-designated CAMs to fill their staffing needs. CAM is well respected in the industry as "The" designation for apartment managers and those who aspire to higher learning.
• Listing as NAAEI designate
• Annual subscription to units magazine
• Discounted prices for industry products
• Designation certificate, pin and wallet card
• CAM designation logo use on business stationery
How to Obtain the CAM Designation
CAM candidates must have:
• worked in the apartment industry for at least 12 months (can be obtained during the candidacy period for CAM);
• Successfully complete the nine courses listed below (which total 56 1/2 hours)
• Meet all examination requirements within 24 months of declaring candidacy for cAM (CAM Online must be completed within 12 months of declaring candidacy for CAM).
The Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) courses include:
- Risk Management - March 19, 2013
- Financial Management - April 16, 2013
- Management for Residential Issues - (Part I) April 23, 2013 and (Part II) April 25, 2013
- Marketing - May 8, 2013
- Human Resource Management - (Part I) May 21, 2013 and (Part II) May 23, 2013
- Fair Housing - June 12, 2013
- Property Maintenance for Managers - July 10, 2013
- Research, Analysis and Evaluation - July 17, 2013
Courses may be taken as part of the series to achieve the designation or as stand-alone courses for informational purposes only.
$799 Members/ $950 Non-Members (payment plan option available for members only)
Management of Residential Issues Member $186 / Non-Member $206
Human Resource Management Member $162 / Non-Member $182
Marketing Member $113 / Non-Member $133
Fair Housing Member $105 / Non-Member $125
Financial Management Member $97 / Non-Member $117
Risk Management Member $89 / Non-Member $109
Property Maintenance for Managers Member $81 / Non-Member $101
Research, Analysis and Evaluation Member $50 / Non-Member $70
If you are a busy professional who may not have the time or ability to travel, CAM online may meet your needs!
In order for the CAM designation to be specific to California, a separate California specific Fair Housing course will be required.
To register for a current Fair Housing seminar, click here
To register for CAM Online, click here
How to Renew and acquire Continuing Education Credits (CEC's)
• The Renewal process and continuing education credits (CEC's)
• Apply for Renewal here